Saturday, July 25, 2009
First Trip to the ER!
On Wednesday Mason had his first visit to the ER. My best friend Stacey was here for a visit with her 2 kids. While we were running errands Mason and Lexi were running around the kitchen table and Mason fell and hit his eye of the leg of the chair. I rushed home to help Ben take him to the ER. Ben did a great job getting the cut to stop bleeding and Mason to calm down. The Er was great!! We were in and out in less than an hour. (I was worried that we would be there for hours!) After the Dr. looked at the wound it was determined that he would need 5 stitches. I could not handle watching my baby scream so I had to wait in the waiting room. Thankfully Ben was able to handle it. It took 3 adults to hold Mason still. Ben said that was the hardest thing that he has ever had to do! I felt like a horrible mom for not being there to comfort my baby. I just knew that I would cry and it would make it worse for Mason. Once we returned home it only took Mason about 10 minutes before he and Lexi were back running around the same table that sent him to the ER. I of course was a nervous wreck. I was worried that he would re-open the wound. He has done great with the stitches and he has no memory of what happened. I pray that we will not see the inside of the ER for a very long time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Not a bad mom....I wouldn't of even gone the the ER. I didn't go when Isabelle broker her arm until Joey called to say she needed surgery. Then I went.
I am glad Mason is okay! He still looks adorable..stitches and all! : )
Katie - going to the ER is definitely not tops on my list either! We had to take Jack when he drank antifreeze - we ended up having to stay overnight. Glad to hear that Mason is doing great!
Post a Comment